Monday, August 23, 2010

Lesson 2: Clowning Around

Today we learned to pipe the floret with the Open Star #16 tip. I must say mine doesn't look as chubby but passes the grade. We continue piping stars for the Clown Car but I must say it was fun learning how to make the clown's body which was done with the Open Star #22 tip. The head is made from plastic but the body can be in all sorts of different positions. However, as the body is just buttercream, I am not sure how well it can hold up the head if it's not refrigerated.

Besides the Car cake, we also had a choice of 3 designs for cupcakes. We also learned to pipe grass which I have done before so it was quite easy then Crystal taught us the different ways to use the Round Tip #12 to create all sorts of different animals. Gave me a lot of ideas and really armed me with the ability to create more designs with just one decorating tip.

Florets to create the wool on the sheep

The duck is actually a candle and looks right at home in his little cupcake pond.

These are suppose to be images of my kids. I liked piping the hair although couldn't quite get the mohawk right for Zac.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.